Thread: Cleaning Slate patio

Default Cleaning Slate patio

I really hate this stuff. I did 3k sq ft today. It was a repeat from last year. It took me 3 hours, I did use a wand. Last year I used my surface cleaner, and it didn't save any time. Actually took longer. Sorry no pics, too busy. See ya!
    Isaac Baghdanov
    NW ProWash LLC
    Pressure Washing Portland

Default Re: Cleaning Slate patio

Isaac - when you do have a second...throw up some pics for us bro.

Glad to see that you are busy!!!

Hey Los, I didn't take pics, too busy, but it was a light tan color with lots of texture. The texture traps dirt, pollen and mold, and it's a bitch to clean. Not hard, just tedious.
    Isaac Baghdanov
    NW ProWash LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac B View Post
    Hey Los, I didn't take pics, too busy, but it was a light tan color with lots of texture. The texture traps dirt, pollen and mold, and it's a bitch to clean. Not hard, just tedious.
    Hmmm, and you say the surface cleaner didnt do the trick? I have something like that in a couple weeks, not as big as yours but hope I didnt missbid if I have to wand the whole thing.
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIN View Post
    Hmmm, and you say the surface cleaner didnt do the trick? I have something like that in a couple weeks, not as big as yours but hope I didnt missbid if I have to wand the whole thing.
    Yeah it took longer with the surface cleaner. By the time I was done SC-ing, the dirt had settled into the nooks and crannys. This time, it was like cleaning and rinsing at the same time. I am doing club house pool area tomorrow, its all slate (smooth), and I will wand it. it's much bigger but not as dirty, should take about 3 hrs. Good luck on yours.
    Isaac Baghdanov
    NW ProWash LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac B View Post
    Yeah it took longer with the surface cleaner. By the time I was done SC-ing, the dirt had settled into the nooks and crannys. This time, it was like cleaning and rinsing at the same time. I am doing club house pool area tomorrow, its all slate (smooth), and I will wand it. it's much bigger but not as dirty, should take about 3 hrs. Good luck on yours.
    We did a huge pebble driveway a while back that gave us the same problem. Eric ended up surface cleaning and a helper rinsed behind him with a garden hose. Once they got they process down, it went a little faster! LOL.

~Jen
    Eric and Jenny Flinn
    TX Gulf Coast Power Washing, LLC
    Galveston County, TX
    832-289-WASH
    Hood Cleaning Houston

3-4 gallons hypo and 16 0z. of hydroxide and a splash of dish soap for wetting agent and the rest water to make 5 gallons total. Downstream onto surface and let it sit and do it's thing. Keep it wet either with more product or with just water,..with sufficient time it will make this job a breeze. I've done a lot of slate and the above combination works very well for me. Patience is key though and will make things go better on these jobs.

Jeff
    Since 1996
    Raystown Roof Cleaning
    Central, Pa
    (814)644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322
    Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania
    T.V Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by 814jeffw View Post
    3-4 gallons hypo and 16 0z. of hydroxide and a splash of dish soap for wetting agent and the rest water to make 5 gallons total. Downstream onto surface and let it sit and do it's thing. Keep it wet either with more product or with just water,..with sufficient time it will make this job a breeze. I've done a lot of slate and the above combination works very well for me. Patience is key though and will make things go better on these jobs.

Jeff
    I will do that on my next one! They also had a plugged drain, so I had to sweep about 800 sq ft.
    Isaac Baghdanov
    NW ProWash LLC

Thread Information